Thursday, September 25, 2008

First Pre Natal Visit

We had our first doctors visit today. I had to leave school a little early to get there by 3. I have to admit that it was nice to walk away from school because of something to do with my real life. I have been slightly stressed out with work lately...going early, staying late, bringing stuff home. This is mostly due to my involvement with Homecoming. I have to do so much during the day that many of my normal duties (grading papers, etc) are piling up a little bit.
Richard met me there. He brought me food, which made the belly very happy. I am hungry by about 3 after eating lunch at 11:30! We were there for about an hour doing all of the fun first visit stuff. They told us that the due date in May 13th. This could change after my first ultrasound, which is next Wednesday! It felt good to have a medical professional tell me that everything looked good. Until this visit, all I had to go on was the pregnancy test I took at home and my own feelings. My favorite part of the doctors visit was the goody bag they gave us that was full of useful things. It was our first baby gift!
Until now, I have been so blessed to not have morning sickness. I have been a little nauseated when I get hungry, but other than that, the only symptoms that I'm dealing with are a mood swings, a little fatigue, and sore ta-ta's. I am thanking God while that lasts!
The baby center website said that our little one is the size of a lentil bean this week. I don't know what that is, but I bet it's cute:)
Richard is THE best husband in the world. Not only did he bring me food to my appointment today, but he had the house cleaned top to bottom (vacuumed and dusted, might I add) when I got home today. I love how excited he is about the baby. It makes me love him even more.
Stay tuned for pictures of how I announced my pregnancy to my students and co-workers!

2 comments:

Amanda Burr said...

Congratulations again....cousin Rebecca! We are extremely excited for you guys and can't believe we will be having a baby just weeks before you guys. You and Richard are going to be the most fantastic parents ever. Baby Doty is the luckiest baby in the world to have such a devoted and loving couple as parents. Love You Guys! Mandy, Jeremy, and Bryce

Lyndsey said...

Yay! I know this is going to be so much fun having all these babies at the same time. The term circus comes to mind, but we will all survive! Mandy will have a new little one on the Doty side and us on the Howard side, we are very blessed people! I am getting together my little girl close for you since mom has predicted a boy!Love ya!